Leo Group supports the government’s ambition to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 and the aim of the Paris Climate Agreement, to limit the global temperature rise to 1.5°C.
Our business plays a critical role in waste management, the very process we carry out recycles 100% of the animal by-products we receive converting them into natural, reusable resources.
To ensure our business is effective in supporting the Government to achieve this ambition we have set out our commitments and milestones to reduce our carbon footprint. These include but are not limited to;
- Keeping track of technological advancements and environmental improvements to our process and where feasible implement them within our operations.
- Annually assessing the energy sources used on our sites. By investing further, we are working towards achieving 100% renewable energy at all our processing sites.
- Complying and engaging with carbon reduction plans and projects in each country we operate in.
- Reducing the number of journeys, we make by maximising collection payloads in order to be more efficient.
- Researching and where possible investing in more efficient and alternative fuel vehicles for our company cars and fleet.
- Preventing deforestation on all Leo Group land and where possible replant trees to absorb more carbon.